Tuesday 6 October 2015

Oral Practice

Dear children,

Do you remember the important notes that come with our practice today?


1. Read the passage with expression. Add emphasis by saying certain words louder or slower to add meaning to the words.

e.g. 

Look! (louder - it is an exclamation)
It looks like a GIGANTIC bird... (louder, adding meaning that it is really big)
It is so AMAZING...
can fly so HIGH in the air

2. Read the word endings. If the word is in past tense, remember to read the -ed and the -d. If the word ends with '-s', read it carefully too.

E.g. 

I loved the chicken rice.
His mother cooked for him.
She points to an aeroplane.
It looks like a gigantic bird.

3. Read 'the' correctly. If it comes before a vowel, read it as 'd'.

E.g.

An aeroplane can fly so high in the air.
We always enjoy our visits to the airport. 



For the conversation practice, 

We talked about adding in our personal experience. 

E.g. What is your favourite food?

My favourite food is pizza. It makes me happy whenever I eat it. I usually eat it at Pizza Hut and I order the Hawaiian pizza. It has pineapples and ham and I think they are the best combination ever! We only get to eat there about once a month on a weekend. I love to eat it so much that I tried to learn to make my own pizza! I use a slice of bread and spread tomato sauce on it. Then, I put a slice of cheese and put some ham on top. It tastes delicious too, but it's still nothing like the one at Pizza Hut.
... ... ...

[If you haven't made pizza before and still want to talk more about it]: I haven't made pizza before but I would love to try! I have seen on TV how pizza is made and it looks really easy! If only my mother would allow me to join the pizza-making lessons. Maybe I would be able to make a special Hawaiian pizza with mushrooms and fried chicken!

... ... ...

Use your imagination. If you haven't done something before, you can still say it as something you would like to try. 

Hope this helps!


Sincerely,
Mrs Soh 



No comments:

Post a Comment